Dame Zapatos

Sunday, April 02, 2006

When you least expect it.....

When you least expect it a wonderful day develops. I had one of the most fun weekends since my move to Chicago. Friday was spent meeting Matt for a couple of drinks at "Bridget McNeils" a very conveniently located Irish pub and then meeting up with Dan and his work buddies at at "Sluggers"...we for once did not go to an afterhours bar which allowed and earlier rise on Saturday morning. Saturday morning started with finishing the kitchen painting/decorating then having some drinks with some med students and Shannon's friend from home Laura at Shannigans (we later realized we had been to this bar before after a vomitting incident with the dental students)...We also got home at a reasonable hour this night...however I was drunk dialed at like 5 am by a John who's last name will remain unsaid, had a conversation I don't really remember, but I'm sure was gibberish on both ends and then proceeded to fall back asleep. Sunday morning got up early made some breakfast and watch "Pay it Forward" and then headed to Michigan Avenue.....$500, 3 Sangrias, crab stuffed mushroom tapa, a Spanish lesson (an plans for future Spanish lessons from a nice Venezuelan) a Margarita, and a burrito bol later went to Barry and John's for our weekly Desperate Housewives/Grey's Anatomy Party...next weekend to be held at our apt with Sangria...Upon arriving to John's I realized I had drawn a diagram of my family tree on their fridge the last weekend and began to laugh for quite a long time. Then John said I talked to your boyfriend today and he's mad at you. To which I replied what? He said, Dave said you are a bad girlfriend because you don't call or write him anymore and he's hurt. To which I started to laugh again and say Ohhh Dave. To which John replied..you don't even remember your own boyfriend...I bet you don't even remember we are going to have babies...To which I replied, well we would have cute kids you're tall with blue eyes and I'm the complete opposite..to which John replied, that's what you said last weekend... To which in my head I thought, why do I speak when I'm drunk. The rest of the evening was filled with other enlightening tidbits and we all came to the conclusion that Shannon and I were very drunk in our "Board are Over" weekend celebration and any promises of baby-making or boyfriending will have to be reconsidered in a more sober state of mind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home