Dame Zapatos

Monday, March 06, 2006

High Level of Anxiety

Well my board exams are in 17 days. I had a slight anxiety attack at work today, not the full-blown hyperventilation but the slight shortness of breath, mild hyperventilation and lightheadedness followed by a headache. Out of the blue Dino was like all you alright today, because you don't seem alright. I said I'm a little stressed about the boards. He said, "are you sure that's all?" with this sorta disbelieving look and then said, "Amber never rely on someone else to bring you happiness, because people and things will inevitably disappoint you and then when you are still sad, it's no one's fault but your own, because although an outside source may have caused the initial sadness and depression, it's you who keeps you there...oh and never turn to pills, I don't mean like drugs, I mean like prozac...you don't need it..you have good smile, so smile..come on show some teeth..atta girl." It is soooo odd how appropriate this was. My eyes actually sorta started to water up and he was like "it's not like I'm saying you're sad now or anything, I'm sure it's just the boards, but maybe if you feel sad later or something..." and then he smiled. Then he told me not to come in until 11 tomorrow so I could sleep and study, because he knows I haven't been sleeping well lately..I love my boss!
So I doubt my test anxiety will get any better and I fully expect to have more anxiety attacks and random hair loss in the near future, however, I will take Dino's advice and be in control of my own happiness and rather than lower my expectations for people and things, I will keep my expectations high because I deserve the best and if my expectations aren't met, it's not my fault, because I'm fabulous!....it's a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home