Dame Zapatos

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I Hate Thinking..

So on my 1 hour drives home form work, I often to a bit of thinking and a lot of cussing and experience some numbness and tingling in my left foot....but anyway today's thoughts were related to the recent loss of my friends Ben and Brad who's father died unexpectedly.
I began to think of how I would feel if I lost my dad right now...and I decided it would suck ass because I'm just getting to know him and I still have so many questions left to ask, and people I want him to meet, and stories to tell him.
Then I thought, ya never know when you last day will be so better live your life to the fullest with no regrets make sure everyone you love knows you love them and if you hate some people tell them too!
Basically I've decided to no longer associate with people I don't care about or who don't care about me, or who make me upset, or who put me in a bad mood, or otherwise waste my precious time (and I mean that in the non-bitchiest way possible) because what's the point...I have lots of things I want to accomplish, and things that I have yet to see, I know I have lots of love to give and laughter to share and who knows how much longer I'll (or any of us for that matter) will have to just do....so no more words, actions only. No more "I want to do..." more "I am doing" no more "I don't know maybes" more "I want this and I'm going to do it" .
I know it's all a bit morbid, but it's reality... and I was in need of a reality check.

So in the spirit of "actions speak louder than words"... I have:
1. bought a chi.... something I have been talking about doing for 7 months
2. found and will purchase tomorrow a GPS system for running
3. bought the paint to decorate my bathroom
4. painted the kitchen
5. got up early to exercise before work
6. called my sisters and told them i loved them
7. tomorrow will call the Dad's as it is wayyy past their bedtimes, but considering an I love you email.
8. erased a few more numbers from the phone
9. took a step in the right direction
10. bought extra shoe storage
11. opened a savings account and put $1500 in it
12. $1000 away from paying off my credit card
13. organized my finances- 401k, Roth IRA, will speak with dad about further investments and a Money Market Account
14. Figured out the Metro route to work in case I decide to sell my car
15. said No, because I did not in fact want to do what was asked, and felt no reason to be nice "just because"
16. Started Over

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home