Dame Zapatos

Monday, July 18, 2005

Float Trips and Boobies

I don't know who started the tradition of "all the girls exchange tops at 3:20pm" during the float trip, but the tradition remains. I exchanged tops like 3 times...shannon's, bridgitte's, and finally krissy's...all fit surprisingly well! And again as is traditional, I passed out at around 5pm for about an hour with Jon the future anethesiologist, as Krissy and her bf Chris paddled our drunk asses along (technically Eli and Kevin were in our raft but Eli roams when drunk and I think Kevin was busy throwing marshmallows)....something about the heat, dirty water, and beer makes me very tired! Joel came to town for a business meeting and decided to extend his vacation to hang-out with Shannon and experience his first ever float trip. We all went to the baseball game on Friday night and Krissy, Shannon, and I finished an entire bottle of Absolut Vanilla....needless to say we were hammered, yet continued to drink at Al Rabosky's. And I being drunk and generous offered Shannon and Joel my apartment as their make-out palace....I'm retarded, but oh well it made Shannon's day so I took one for the team. Anyway back to Saturday and float tripping...we finally got off the river around 7ish and we were starvin and exhausted. Shannon, Joel, Fischer, Rita, John, Krissy, Chris, Jon, and I all stayed for camping and I began the cooking! We all cashed out quite early that night, probably around 9, though none of us new the exact time because no one has any concept of time when they are in the boondocks. P.S. camping sucks ass...I am still sore in places I didnt know existed and it was hot as hell outside and the ppl camping next to us blasted their radio all night...good selection though a little bush, weezer, coldplay...but still annoying.
The next morning we woke up around 6 am and were starving. Shannon however wanted to go back to "bed" stating in fact that it was too early for breakfast...that's just silly! So I hitched a ride back with Jon, Chris, and Krissy and we stopped off for breakfast at Steak-n-Shake. P.P.S....the worst breakfast ever in my opinion!
Upon finally making it home I crashed for like 6.5 hours interrupted by two pee-breaks and a phone call from Shannon. Jon called, surprised=me, and we talked on the phone for like an hour, I'm a chatty one, and there's talk of ice-cream or a drink sometime this week, we'll see what happens, not holding my breath, though Krissy is quite excited and optimistic as she loves playing matchmaker. I thought for sure I would be up all night secondary to the fact that I had already slept a full night sleep that afternoon but to my surprise and delight I fell asleep again around 11 and woke up at 10:30...I was a complete zombie all day, a bit of sleep overload, and ended up forgetting to pick up Amy from the airport and had to haul ass from Illinois as she sat waiting at passenger pick-up. Hopefully by tomorrow my head will be screwed on straight!
There's a new Nate email and me being annoyed with my dad again (oddly the two events are connected!) but I'll go-off on that tangent tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home