Dame Zapatos

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Random Ramblings

So I've been slacking on the blog front...partially because most people already know what's going on in my life and partially because with work, marathon training, hanging out with my
chi-town buddies/drinking/parties, traveling...doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging...that being said here's a summary of the last month or so.....

Parties: Wisconsin Lakehouse, My Tapas Party, Pete's BBQ, John and Barry's Scientology Party

Hanging out With: John R., Barry, Masood, Dave, Randy, Aline, Shannon, Jim, Aaron, Zach, Matt, Dan, Martin...I don't have a lot of girlfriends as I generally find most girls annoying...

Movies Seen: X-Men, Da Vinci Code, Failure to Launch, Match Point, The Break-Up, Pirates of the Caribbean;
The Motorcycle Diaries, Maria Full of Grace, BrokeBack Mountain, Rumor Has It, The Family Stone, Capote, Diary of a Madman, The BenchWarmers

Shows Addicted to: Re-Runs of Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Houswives as well as 24, Entourage (DVD's, need to get HBO prontisimo!), The Entire Food Network

Most Miles Ran: 14 miles on Monday Night, yes it was 90 degrees and about 75% humidity and we ran from 9:30 pm to 12:15a and I had to be at work at 7...but marathon runners are insane...

New Fun Facts: I have exercised induced asthma...yay albuterol, my stomach is shit-yay tests at the hospital tomorrow under sedation, my blood pressure is back down woohoo, I have a heart murmur so apparently need antibiotics if I receive dental work/surgery

Baseball Games Attended: 3 Cubs games (one in the bleachers when they kicked the Card's ass...gotta love a sweep) 2 White Sox games (both free, on in the Sky Box..love the box!)

Sports Teams On: Softball (1 game but very good game!), Kickball

New Spanish Words Learned: Pompes-butt, Sentadillas- squats, Enchado-swelling; Ya Terminaste- are you finished...there are more, but I'm drawing a blank, I'm hungry!

Family Vacation in August- Pool Party for sister's 5th Bday then off to Ocean City Beach House for a week

Sister is coming to Stl for 5 months as my brother-in-law is being sent to Afghanastan...Will convince her to come to Chicago for her 21st birthday!

So that's what I've been up to.

Interesting Conversations: Bryan (Shan's Bro) made the point that I often try to forget which is that it may be hard for me to find a guy(in particular "white guys") worth dating because a lot of guys have "getting on" a black chick on their "list"...therefore they may want to make out with me or whatever for a while to "check this off of their list" but are not balsy or whatever enough to date me and certaintly not take me home to meet the family or good friends because....get this I'm a black chick (yes it's true for 24 years now) and they have some issues with this they may not like to admit or are subconscious....which could explain a lot of current events in my dating life...disturbing thought but definately a huge possibility ...and then he said "And what makes it worse for you Amber is that you would be the perfect black chick for 'these white guys' to get on because you're smart, not ghetto, atheletic, laid-back, pretty and like fun so it's like they aren't getting with a typical black chick...ya know what I mean."....And I did get it, which sucks...because how do I know which are they guys with the "list" and which are the "you a cute fun girl, you're black, whatever"...also they have to pass the newly initiated "I don't give a shit what strangers/onlookers on the street say, do, throw etc...when they see you with said black chick."....new test because I never noticed this sort of thing happening until it was brought to my attention on various occasions...However, most of the guys don't seem to notice anything or if they do they either don't tell me about it or respond with "fuck off" or "ya gotta be kidding me is this the 60's?" or "yeah jealousy sucks, lucky me" or they just laugh.. (laughter and/or complete oblivion are my favorite responses).....

Okay then time to continue the 24 hour fasting....15 more hours to go...seriously what kind of test requires a 24 hour liquid dying...I'm starving, don't these ppl know I run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home