Dame Zapatos

Monday, June 05, 2006

New Circle, Same Ole Tricks

So I seem to be stuck in this sorta "college" lifestyle. I equate this present 'situation' to my newly gained group of guy friends who seem to still enjoy binge drinking, beer pong, flip cup, making out at bars/bathrooms, rocking out to air guitar, and playing "the game".
Although I do enjoy a nice game of flip cup, in some ways I am sooo done with that whole scene. I think that it's fun every once in awhile, however, 6 weekends in a row seems a bit much...not only for my liver, but also my social life.
I prefer to sit at a lounge or sports bar or even dance club on occasion and have a few drinks actually talk to my friends or find out more about the guy I'm interested before launching a tongue down his throat...I don't know, maybe it's just me. I guess I'm growing up little by little...And I like it!
I met a new guy Brian who is intriguing because I can not figure him out....p.s. Dave is out, whole other story...Although I have had numerous conversations with him (some in Spanish, yay!) I don't know what to think of him. He went to Loyola, was supposed to be a Doctor or a Lawyer but instead plays Golf, for a living...he seems to have dated some "gold diggers" so seems a bit paranoid in that respect..which could get annoying, but we'll see. He is very blunt and says exactly what he's thinking when he's thinking it, which is a nice change. He compliments me, but not in an annoying fake sort of way...in the way where you don't know how to respond, and so you just smile and tilt your head down. He drove for an hour, at midnight, to hang out with me for 3 hours, only to drive an additional hour back home at 3 am...but did not kiss me goodnight...He calls when he says he's going to call. Apologizes only when appropriate. Is very spiritual but will not declare a specific religion as his own. He's a semi-vegetarian..he only eats met occasionally and tries to eat organic foods, tofu and soy...but not in an annoying tree-hugger kind of way. He wants to run with me on the weekends by the lake (he's running the marathon at a speed much quicker than I, I suspect). He dressed well, but is not overdressed...came out in a backwards baseball cap which he respectively removed when we enter a bar..though he was informed by the doorman he could keep it on. He had dinner with Aretha Franklin and Jesse Jackson (who I hate, but that's besides the point) after some benefit dinner. He likes to talk, but he listens to every detail.

Hmm....we'll see what happens. Comments thus far are "I approve, yup we like him."..Shannon "Amber you need to keep him around, he plays golf, keep him around."...Shannons friend from work Brandon "Amber who's this new tan guy with the hair?"...Lynch. Dirty and Confused Looks...Dave :-)

And in other news, Martin aka the British Surfer will be in town tommorow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home