Dame Zapatos

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Dress

So it's Easter weekend...and I suppose that is why I miss my family so much.

I'm trying to keep myself busy, while simultaneously avoiding stores I like...an effort to be fiscally responsible....so today I slept in until 2 pm....then headed to the movies.
I took in a double feature...I paid for both, I can never get myself to do a freebie...it's a flaw....I saw Adventureland and Sunshine Cleaning. I enjoyed both films...though given that they are in the independent film type genre, they had a slight melancholy undertone...not ideal for current mood, but I'd still recommend them!

By the second movie, I was a bit hungry...and as I gave up candy for Lent....not ideal for movie outings!....I got some nachos and when I reached for the jalepenos, I had a "movie memory" if you will. A year or more ago, at this very theatre, I forced my movie buddy to partake of the nachos and jalepenos...upon him seeing the vat of jalepenos soaking in, I'll admit, somewhat vile looking juice inside this perhaps less than hygenic metal container....he made the comment of "please tell me you're not going to eat those". I was not worried, as I figured, if they were spicy enough, surely any germs in question would be destroyed...plus who likes to think about that sort of thing. So as I reached for the jalepenos today, in individual little plastic containers mind you, I had to laugh. I think the lady at the concession stand might of thought that I was crazy, but...it was good to laugh either way.

I briskly walked along Michigan Ave on the way home. Ignoring the "we're open" signs on my favorite shoe and clothing stores....though I swear Guess was literally calling my name! I just turned up my Ipod louder, blasting a little Thom Yorke is a good anti-shopping maneuver right?
So now the question is wine/bed/read....nap/liquor up/Martini Park....organize some shit/clean?....who knows what the evening holds!.....nothing to crazy....MUST make it to Mass....I just need to find a dress :-) !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home