Dame Zapatos

Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year's Resolution.....naaahhh


Well the new year has arrived, as per American tradition, tis the time for everyone to spill their New Year's Resolutions....
Now typically, I hop on board this resolution train...and perhaps it could be argued that my lack of forming a resolution, is a resolution in and of it itself, to not confirm to societal norms...but who really thinks that deeply...but this year, I decided not to be typical and ordinary.
Though I should probably work out more, eat better, shop less, save more, settle down, drink less, read more books, peform more charitable deeds and so on and so forth...I don't feel the need to announce this just because it is the beginning of a new year.
I appreciate the symbolism of a new year being the equivalent of a new beginning, a new start, a chance to set things right, but I suppose that since I'm constantly self-analyzing and criticizing and trying to better myself...I dont feel the list these ideals out one by one at the start of every new year...instead, I just try to be the best I can be to myself and others. I think this encompasses maintaining good health-diet, exercise, sleeping more, drinking less, stress management; being giving and selfless-in charity and relationships, romantic and otherwise; and finding happiness-this year may mean finally settling down with someone, but not in a boring way or it could mean moving to Paris for school....who knows at this point!
So I guess, if asked, I will just have to say, my new year's resolution is: To Stay Fabulous and To Just Be Happy....no matter what it takes, or what happiness means for me this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home