Dame Zapatos

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Self-Preservation and Self-Reflection

Self preservation is part of an animal's instinct that demands that the organism survives. Pain and fear are parts of this mechanism. Pain causes discomfort so that the organism is inclined to stop the pain...From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So apparently this is an instinct that I have lacked for the last 5 years but I am currently working to develop as who likes pain...besides those wierd masochists....not that there's anything wrong with that..(Seinfeld anyone?)

In addition my RCIA classes began to day and I LOVE IT!!!! Old St. Pat's is fantastic and the people are really down to earth and laid back...and as an added bonus the main speaker/organizer guy Joe was saying to expect a lot of couples, engagements, and babies to come out of this RCIA class because that has been the pattern the last 4 years.....I got dibs on any cute athletic Irish/Italian/Spanish Catholics-non redhead, non freckled, non psycho- who thinks I am fabulous!....way to jinx myself...dammit ....good thing I was half-joking whew!

Also, there was another former Jehovah's Witness in the group...who'da thought...she cried..not sure why, but whatever.

I am excited to learn more about the Catholic faith cause what I have now is bits and pieces of what I learned in classes at SLU, what Nate told me, or what I've pulled from the various masses I've attended in the past 5 years.

Also I am currently caught up on Weed's, getting close to caught up on Entourage, trying to catch up with Arrested Development and Nip Tuck and will soon be starting the book "Smart Women Finish Rich."...a book my dad brought me for graduation that I promised to begin reading within a year from graduating.

And it's National Physical Therapy Month....so yeah give a PT a present!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home