Dame Zapatos

Saturday, January 21, 2006

C H I C A G O......yup I live here!

I am finally living in Chicago!!! YAY!!! My apartment is great. My friends are nearby. I know how the whole "L" thing works and have used it. Know when a cabbie is trying to screw me over...however Shannon does excel at this skill. And I absolutely love the weather; last week it was 55 on like Wednesday and snowed on Thursday...it's fabulous. I haven't begun working yet, so mostly just hanging out trying not to spend to much money. I went to Vegas and survived having no real regrets and met an Englishmen from Cali who came to visit in Chicago!
So it was snowing like mad last night, however, Matt had told Shannon and I we would go out for dinner and drinks to keep Shannon's chin up about the "break-up" with Joel. We had to take a taxi like 3 blocks to Joy (fabulous Thai restaurant) because the snow was so horrid. We then went to Clark bar in Lincoln Park. It's a great little hang-out and one of Matt's friends own's it so we drank a lot of liquor for $10...insanity. We managed to get Matt very very drunk and then convinced him to go to an afterhours bar called The Raven. Matt's original intention was to eat dinner have a few drinks and go home to start reading some Motley Crue book....it's amazing what pouting can do! We left the Raven at around 4 am and apparently I pushed Shannon at the taxi, slammed the door, while yelling at Matt, who luckily only lives a block away, "oh no buddy, I'm still mad at you, we are done talking yet"...I have no idea what I was mad about, but either way it was pretty funny. Shannon stood for a second in the snow in front of our apartment then kinda looked shocked as it drove away with me still in it yelling at Matt. I am insane when inebriated.
So needless to say I heart Chicago and the wonderful food, crazy weather, and great late night hangouts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home