Dame Zapatos

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Melanie Renee Pearson-Simmons-Davis-Davis-Foster-Jenkins aka My Mommy!

So I had a very disturbing dream about my mother last night. I have come to the conclusion that dreams can serve many purposes...they can be sorta self-fulfilling prophesies ( i.e I once had a dream about making out in a bathroom and later that week in fact had some shower action or once I had a wierd dream about Foley's dad and I saw him the next day at the Dental school, coincidence, I think not!) or can be a revelation of your subconscious needs, desires, or aggravations (i.e. I have caused lots of harm to annoying boys in my dreams, and this mother dream of mine also falls under this category). So my mother (her maiden name is Pearson..she's been married only, (and I use the word only sarcastically, 5 times..she's on number 5)
So anyway, my mom hasn't attempted to contact me in like 6 weeks. And the last time she contacted me it was to ask me to watch my little sister Mariah for 2 weeks while she went to California for my sister Nova's labor and delivery....sidenote 1 day before this call I had called Nova to tell her that I would fly into Cali for the delivery room stuff as sorta of my last trip before moving to Chicago....draw whatever conclusions you want from that...so anyway I dont even know if my mother is aware that I am now in podunk Ohio or if she finally remembers what exactly it is I am graduating for...
So I had a bad day yesterday for no reason in particular except that Nate sent me this odd email saying "sorry i got so crazy. you were obviously right. we weren't working anymore. i should have been able to see that then. i hope you are less stressed, i know i am. i feel bad about how i treated you, but i have good memories too. i hope you get evrything you want, say hi to your dad for me. ciao bella n."

Like what am I to do with this sort of information. I think that girls with normal relationships with their mother would call them and the mom would say "he's one crazy bastard...you will sooo do better" etc etc...but my mother is so selfish that the conversation would go more like " yeah I had this husband once who didnt appreciate me til I was gone." and I would be left thinking "when did we switch to talking about you."

Anyway the point is, that the fact that my mother has made no effort to contact me must bother me more than I like to admit. I mean my stepdad (technically ex-stepdad 5 times removed) has called me twice, I talk to my dad every week, I talk to shannon and elizabeth 4 times a week and no mom.

So in my dream, my mom runs off with my boyfriend. It was a boyfriend that I must have made up because I didnt recognize his face but he was a cutie. They ended up driving off leaving me crying on a bench. I woke up at like 7:30 this morning actually crying and it the worst mood ever. I felt physically ill and just depressed over it. I coudlnt stop crying.It was insane. So I went to breakfast. Listened to all my favorite cd's. Did some homework. And went on a shopping spree. Now that's it's been a good 14 hours and $300 (that includes the 2 new pairs of shoes!) since the dream from hell, I feel a little better. I have decided that my mom is the one who is missing out, because I'm getting ready to do some pretty fabulous things that she has no idea about.....oh yeah I got three job offers and more interviews to go on, including a tour of a possible apartment building in Lakeview....I guess if I had popped out a baby when I was 18 she would be more interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home