Dame Zapatos

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Student Loans

I hate talking to my dad about money cause he has it and I don't...sorta.
I decided to consolidate my student loans recently and with the help of Mr. Bengston, I'm 90% successful so far. I decided to inform my dad of my plans, which inevitably led to the, "so how much do you have out in student loans" conversation, a conversation which I have been avoiding since Spain. When he heard the number $64,014 I think he actually stopped breathing for a second. Apparently, my dad was under the impression that I was on a full-ride, not a half-ride, scholarship and that I had only been taking out student loans for my grad school....
So after he calculated my estimate income, expenses (including shoes and sushi), possible new car payment, retirement fund money etc...I ended up with a huge headache. Luckily, Shannon had a similar conversation with her dad today so we were both equally spazed-out. My dad was like, "Amber, If you live frugally for 2 years and pay about $900 a month on your student loans you can have them paid off in 3 year!" There are so many things wrong with that sentence that I'm not even gonna go into. STRESS
So the ADPi girls got drank wine, ate food, and caught up in the Botanical Gardens tonite then the Tres Amigos went to Barcelona to end the night correctly. We decided to go to Barcelona on a semi-regular (non-alcoholic) basis and only speak Spanish! p.s. their Sangre de Toro y Margarita de Espana es fantastico!
Oh and Cathy wants to set Shannon and I up with her boyfriend's friends :-O, ....set-ups never work.
I have a blister on my dorsal-ankle...stupid taping and stress fractures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home